The Distributed European School of Taxonomy (DEST) offers education and training opportunities to students and professionals from any nationality studying, working or interested in the field of taxonomy, biodiversity, geodiversity and conservation.
There are 3 types of courses and training programmes within DEST that each focus on a different aspect of biodiversity research: 1) Modern taxonomy courses, 2) Expert-in-training, and 3) Collection management. Read more about these programmes here.
DEST was established within the framework of the EU-funded project "European Distributed Institute of Taxonomy (EDIT)" (2006-2011). It currently sits under the umbrella of the Consortium of European Taxonomic Facilities (CETAF). The new DEST partnership is composed of the following institutions:
- Natural History Museum of Crete, University of Crete, Greece
- Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences, Belgium
- Naturalis Biodiversity Center, The Netherlands
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Norway
- Hungarian Natural History Museum, Hungary
- Consortium of European Taxonomic Facilities, Belgium
dest @ cetaf.org